Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Monday, March 19, 2007

Rosewood Series 1, Race 2



My plan is to get at least 4 points to lead the sprinters jersey, and finish in the top 3 for the overall. That is a lot of sprinting. I have a bad habit of starting my sprint too late, so for the sprints I decide to get into a higher position. I’m too far in the lead and 3 riders come around me before I even start my sprint, and I end up 6th place. They only give out points for the top 3, Damn, no points this time around. The race continues and there are attacks but noone gets away. The second sprint is even worst as I was in a good position, but my legs said “Out of order”. I had no zip in my legs and took 5th.

I then realized what happened yesterday has taken it out of me. So I just sat in the group and waited for the final sprint. When they ring the bell that there is 3 laps to go, all kinds of riders come out of the woodwork to stage their own solo glory. All it does is allow us to keep a nice pace that discourages any real attacks from going too far. With one lap to go I’m in the top 10 sitting comfortable waiting for the real players to show there face. Mike Bush makes a jump on the next to last corner and gets a gap. Coming around the last turn I’m still in the same position, and things start to heat up. Abdel makes the first move as he jumps to sprint speed. The riders group behind him and Chris W. looks back just before he stands up. Everyone is full throttle right now, and I still don’t have any power. I’m in 6th place, and I need to finish top 5 to get points. I put my head down and go inside myself to salvage something of this race. I’m still in 6th, and I catch and pass Mike Bush 50 meters before the line, so I finish 5th. Ok, no more planning out the race, it never goes close to plan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home