Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Friday, January 18, 2008

Clip of the Week - Be like Water my friend

When I was playing table tennis, I was so fasinated by trying to play like the best Chinese, or the best Swedish players. My brother saw me looking at videos, and I explained to him I wanted to be like this Chinese player. He gave me the "Cosby Kids" slap up side the head and put in a Bruce Lee Documentary, to explain to me that I should not try to copy other athletes and the reason why.

From that point forward I was in search of Brian Pace, and his own style. 20 years later, players come up to me and say they want to play like me, and I have a flashback to the Cosby slap.

How that translates into cycling is developing my own style of riding. It's based on equipment choices, or training methods that I believe in and that has have proven successful for me. But most of all deciding to cut my own path to learn how to express myself as freely as I can when I'm pedaling my bike.

Be like water my friend.



Pacer Out!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great clip Bro!! The great ones seem to always leave us so early.

January 18, 2008 at 9:55 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You bring up a good point. You should never try to copy other athletes because they are the best. Instead, you should try to copy them because they are the absolute best athlete sporting the style you like.

I applaud you for being a pioneer in everything you do. But sometimes listening to what others have done with success for years may close the gap to greatness in a shorter amount of time.

So I say the same thing "Be like water my friend."

January 19, 2008 at 6:13 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Brian,
Don't mean to Hijack your thread but I wanted to ask you if you were happy with your Ksyrium ES wheels, but I don't have your e-mail address.
Please e-mail me if you get a chance. I have an opportunity to get a set at a great deal.

Carlos G.
cgalvis1@bellsouth.net

January 20, 2008 at 9:22 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home