Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Dedicated Athlete or Demented Person

That is what I've been thinking as of lately. Ever since I decided that I was going to really give it a very hard try in 2008, I have kinda went off the deep end. I slowly added in all the factors that make up what I think I need to ride my best.

I got a sponsorship from Dedicated Athlete and made my first order for the EP-NO for the year in hopes of raising my red blood count. (Dopers, beware. There are some athletes doing it legit).


My boy Shane at Dedicated Athlete in GA threw in a "Dedicated Athlete" T-shirt, check out the website, www.dedicateathlete.com Here is the front

And the back

I already had the powerlung, and it is a hell of a workout for the lungs, and the concept is to improve exhalation that gets more C02 of of the lungs.

During my rise at a road biker in 2007, I was on Kona Endurance and it was the supplement that I took that got me the 2 best result of the year in the State Series.

They now have Kona Endurance Pro, which is jacked up with more supplement that improves V02 Max, and reduces lactic acid build-up, and I just got my order for that in. The benefits should be coming around in about 4 weeks.

As you know I got the Water Ionizer, and it has proven to me to be the purchase of the years, as I did 5 laps at a pretty hard effort without losing power, and not even coming close to cramping up. Can't say enough about the purchase, I'm definitely patting myself on the back for making that purchase.

I spent a grip on the CAT Altitude Sleeping Tent, and I don't have much of an opinion on it yet as I have only been sleeping in it 10 days. Research says that you start to feel the effects after 2 weeds, and at 4 weeks you will see an obvious improvements, and the max benefits are seen at 6 weeks. That should be right around Santos, so I'll wait to see what happens on that.

By the way the response to me going to far to improve has been really, really positive so far. I'm looking forward to seeing how my I can gauge my performance in about 4 more weeks.

For Xmas I got my brother to order me a copy of "P90X", as he has been raving about it. He is in the military and a drill instructor in SC, and he says that this is the workout that puts the privates in the dirt. For Thanksgiving, we had me do the "Ab Ripper X", and I couldn't get more then 6 minutes into the 15 minute non-stop ab workout. My challenge is to incorporate about 6 of these workouts into my weekly routine. Also, if you come to my place, and make it through the Ab Ripper X, I'll pay for you and your significant other to go to "Bonefish", that is how convinced that it's ass busting. Actually, all 12 of the workouts are tough.

I got this gift from my brother that is more fanatical than me regarding health. It's raw organic chocolate powder. It's nice to put in your after workout shake as it has not been processed. It doesn't really give a sugar high/low like normal chocolate.

Even though I only raced hard for about 14mins at Markham, it was a great workout. I could not have gotten a workout like that if I had went out to ride by myself. So I paid for the atmophere. But, I'm happy to say that my lower endurance zone is coming along just fine.

I went out yesterday and did my normal 40 mile workout while keeping my heartrate in the 140's, and I was 1 minute and 44 seconds faster than my best time I did 2 weeks ago. I think next week I'm going to moved up this workout into the 150's and see if I can manage that for 2hrs.

Today, I'm going to ride down and do 4 laps at Amelia, which has quickly become my favorite trail to ride because it's not so up and down as Markham. It also allows you to do zone training, which I'm a big fan of. I know I have to eventually start rolling with those knuckleheads if I want to get the high end work that I need. I'm going to skip this weekends race, but I will go out and ride the course which I think they will run backwards this time around. I guess I'll try to make Oleta my coming out party for a big effort as it is really the best course that suits my style of riding. Last year the the Pro category only beat me by 3 minutes, so I'll take advantage of the fact the I ride better at that course.

I'll Holla

Pacer Out!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the sponsorship with DA. They have some great products and Shane & John for peeps.

Keep us posted about the Alt tent. I've been wanting one for while and now Namrita & I are looking at a few races at altitude, so I'm even more interested.

Eddie O

January 30, 2008 at 4:11 PM

 
Blogger Karlos said...

As you are doing so am I, on a constant search to improve.

Go see Matt, Get that Fit, Best thing I did in 2007 By far.

Keep it going,
you racing 12 hour solo?

If you are, so will I, see ya there,
Laters,
Karlos
Aka Naked Indian

January 30, 2008 at 5:03 PM

 
Blogger Brian Pace said...

Thanks for the support guys. I'm on my 3rd week sleeping in the tent, and I'll post when I can get some real data.

I know the bike fit is the next step, so I can just ride out on this program for the rest of 2008.

Later Guys

January 30, 2008 at 11:29 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home